a) you have a killer kink in your neck that has progressively gotten worse and you can hardly move your head without it hurting.
b) the sweet tea you adorable, innocent, sweet, little daughter spilled on your MacBook has fried the motherboard and killed your computer. It doesn't help we are about 1500 miles from the nearest Apple Store, so rushing it in for computer first aid is not an option. So the $1300 replacement price tag was not the purchase I wanted looming this morning.
The only thing that could make this day any more of a downer is knowing that my Trav gone. Dammit... I've been dreading this, bitching about it and acting like it's not happening.
I have been saying goodbyes to this man for almost 14 years. We have been separated for anywhere from 2 weeks to 7 months many, many times over. No matter the time apart, I am still horrible with the goodbyes. I'm not an overly independent person and he is my favorite human being on this earth. I hate to think about his absence in our home, not seeing his gorgeous face and not sharing an evening beverage with him.
He is the person I complain about work to, he's the person I talk to when other people are annoying or irritating. He's the friend I go running with, he's the person I shower with everyday because we have the worlds smallest hot water heater and it's damn near a requirement in this house. He's just my best and most constant friend. I miss the hell out of him when he is gone. I darn near cried in the baking aisle of the grocery store yesterday thinking about him leaving. I'm pathetic!
So, I put on my big girl pants but I still cry like the baby I want to act like. To be blunt, I hate this shit!! I know others have it worse and for much longer times but honestly I don't care. I'm thinking of myself and my kids who will miss him terribly bad.
Moving on...
January is also a month of celebrations. Our family and extended family have many birthdays this month. My brother in law Alex, my cousin Heather, my nephew RJ. My two favorite birthdays are that of my Trav and our baby girl. They share the same day. She was born on my Trav's 28th birthday. Trav has taken her out on a special dinner date every single year since she turned 1. Since Trav will be gone for their actual birthday we celebrated early this year.
Travi and I made a chocolate cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to the two of them. Taylor is getting a bedroom makeover for her birthday as well as a small mini party with some of her girlfriends. Trav is getting A NEW MACBOOK AIR and a magazine subscription he wanted.
January is also a month of celebrations. Our family and extended family have many birthdays this month. My brother in law Alex, my cousin Heather, my nephew RJ. My two favorite birthdays are that of my Trav and our baby girl. They share the same day. She was born on my Trav's 28th birthday. Trav has taken her out on a special dinner date every single year since she turned 1. Since Trav will be gone for their actual birthday we celebrated early this year.
Travi and I made a chocolate cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to the two of them. Taylor is getting a bedroom makeover for her birthday as well as a small mini party with some of her girlfriends. Trav is getting A NEW MACBOOK AIR and a magazine subscription he wanted.
Dressed for a night out to dinner. She got roses and a balloon from her handsome date!
Nine candles for Taylor, One candle for Trav
Happy Early Birthday To My Loves!







No comments:
Post a comment (0)