September is World Alzheimer Month and tomorrow Sept. 21, 2011 is Alzheimer's Action Day. I will be wearing purple in honor of one of the most beautiful women I have ever know...my Mema. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer over 7 years ago now and our family has watched it completely debilitate her. This disease is not fair. It honestly sucks. There is nothing nice to say about it.
On the other hand my Mema is beautiful. loving and there is plenty to say about her. She is a wife, mother, grandmother, daughter and sister. For all that this disease has taken from her, it will never take those things away from her.
There is no way to prevent this disease, there is no cure for this disease and there is not way to stop its progression. The only thing we can do now is bring awareness to this disease and help raise money for research so that a cure can be found. It is out there, it just has to be discovered.
I love you Mema....
No comments:
Post a comment (0)