These small gestures are what the kids will remember most. Years from now, they won't remember the presents that were bought for them, it will be the actions that my parents did. Lunch with Poca in the cafeteria or that Gammie went to school and volunteered in their classrooms. These visits make me happy for myself but also for the kids. They will have endless memories with my parents and I get such satisfaction from that.
We also celebrated Thanksgiving together which we have not done since I was pregnant with Taylor. My dad waited in line for 1 1/2 hours for a fresh turkey I was set on getting. Even thought I am older now, I know he will do just about anything to make me happy.
We are already looking forward to when they come back next summer. Until then, we will enjoy these pictures and our fond memories.
~Trav, Dad and Travi enjoyed slurping oyster as an appetizer before we all feasted on our traditional Lobster Dinner!


~Mom and I before we headed to the Tree Lighting Ceremony on base. Notice the matching sweaters which we happened to buy each other for Christmas!


~The gingerbread house that my mom and I helped the kids make. This was a five hour process that mom and I were glad was over but the kids could have gone on forever. Please take note of the dog house on the side that is for our tootsie roll weiner dog!

No comments:
Post a comment (0)