SLIDER

Canoeing!

20 June 2009

Travis and I have wanted a canoe for several years now. We took the kids out a few times in Kodiak in a canoe that we borrowed from a friend and we just loved it. There is something about being on the water in a canoe, listening to the sounds of the water, the wind and the wildlife that just puts you soul at ease. So, earlier this week after much research we bought ourselves a 14 foot Mad River Canoe. We could not wait to get it home and take the kids out on the lake. So today we took it out for the second time and it is just so wonderful. It was slightly overcast, but pretty warm and we paddled to an island in the middle of one side of Wakeby/Mashpee Pond. I had packed us a picnic lunch that we enjoyed and then we paddled to another area of this lake so the kids could play on a small beach.

There is such a difference between riding in a ski boat and paddling in a canoe. Some things in life just need to be taken in at a slower pace. Trav and I really enjoy the exercise we get from paddling and the kids just love everything about being on the water in our own little boat watching birds fly by us. Ahhh, life is really good and once again I have to say its all about the small things in life. We don't need a high powered boat or Sea-Doo. Sometimes its a good thing to just slow down a bit and enjoy the beauty of a place and the beauty of the moment. Seeing my husband giddy with pride over a plastic canoe and seeing my kids faces as we race birds are memories I don't think I want to live without.


Travi took his snorkling gear out with us so he could look for guppies.

View of the lake from atop the island we had our picnic lunch at.

Sissy playing by the canoe.

The boys right before we took of again.

My view from the front of the canoe looking back...Three happy faces!

Me enjoying the water before we had to head back home.

No comments:

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger