So we left the next morning and we drove up to Boston. We drove the route of the marathon so that Travis could have an idea of the route, ate lunch in Fanueil Square along the Freedom Trail and then checked into our hotel. We got dressed up and rode the subway back into downtown which is when he told me we were having dinner and then going to the Boston Opera House to see Dirty Dancing. I was beyond excited. I have loved going to the show since my very first time when I was younger with my Aunt Cassie and my mom. It has been several years though since I have had the opportunity.
We ate at this sexy little wine bar called IVY. After two wonderful bottles of wine and dinner we walked (I was a bit tipsy after that much vino) to the Opera House and enjoyed one hell of a great show. I knew I would love the show, but Travis loved it too! I highly recommend Dirty Dancing to anyone who can go see it. It will be hitting Broadway after a small pre-broadway East Coast tour.
My husband took the time to plan a nice getaway for us after almost 9 years of marriage. It was so wonderful to be together just the two of us. I truly love that man!!!




3 comments:
That's great! Way to go Trav. :)
-Lindsay
How wonderful to get away!!! It looks like you guys had a great time!
Wow, my brother has officially raised the bar! Kelly heard about the show and gave me the evil eye. Tell trav he's in big trouble.
Glad you guys had such a great time, you deserve it.
Post a comment (3)