




This past weekend was the Blue and Gold Banquet, which is a pretty big event in the scouting community. It is when all the Dens come together as a Pack and enjoy food, entertainment, raffle prizes and award presentations. All the families from our Den were able to attend and we had a potluck style dinner. The boys preformed a song skit titled, "If your a Tiger and ya know it" and then the boys were given patches for popcorn sales and community service (Our den donated dog food and dog treats to the local animal shelter). Our Den also had to design their own centerpiece for our table. They came up with a family tree theme and each boy brought there interpretation of a family tree and then we combined them all in a pot.
Trav was recognized as well for his leadership and support. Travi even won a door prize which just about made his night.
2 comments:
Rachelle,
I hope it is ok that I am commenting on your blog. It is a really boring day at work so I was playing on Facebook and linked to your blog. It looks like you guys are living a big adventure. Looks fun. Your kids look cute! I love the scouting stuff. I am currently working with some cub scouts here also. Good to see things are going well for you!
rob
So I am looking into Girl Scouts for Charli! She has to be 5 to join but she will be 5 in Septmeber, so right after school starts. I am very excited for her to join, I think she will really enjoy it. Does Travis enjoy Boy scouts? Or should I say, which one of your boys enjoys it more?
Post a comment (2)