I haven't had much time or inclination to blog lately. Until today...and this is just to big not to document on the blog. I hope to print this blog at some point some day and I want this included.
My Trav has been selected to make Chief Warrant Officer. I am still dragging my jaw around on the floor. Travis is still looking at me wide eyed, stunned, saying "I can not believe I am going to be a CWO!" We were not expecting this at all. Of course during the application process we had hopes but we always try to be very realistic. This is a difficult process and the selections come with great competition. The fact that he has been selected on his first attempt has blown our minds. We are literally speechless, totally grateful but speechless.
Our minds are now swirling! This changes our prospects for next years transfer. Where will we go and what will his new job be comprised of? We have seen an unofficial, prospective list of openings and we are trying to be very optimistic. The CG is going to do with him what they want and I am just hoping I don't burst into tears when he finally finds out what job they have given him. We have had a very, very small carrot dangled in front of us almost immediately after he got word of his selection and I am hedging all my bets on it because being sent to Puerto Rico or Detroit is just not in my master plan.
This promotion is big, very big! Did I mention that we are stunned!
On a personal note, I could not be more proud of my husband. He never ceases to amaze me and always succeeds. He finished his degree when it didn't make sense, he took care of his people and stood up for them when no one else would, he stood up to the Command and spoke his mind when he had convictions. All of that has helped him get to this point. His karma keeps up with him and we are sure it has played a part in this selection. For those that saw his hard work and dedication as something else, shame on you. To those that recognized his dedication, Thank you! There are a few people who helped him and saw his potential in preparing for this process. It did not go unnoticed!
Holy Shit babe! You have blown my mind with this promotion.


No comments:
Post a comment (0)