First off...sorry if your getting sick of the pictures of flowers but seriously, there are some gorgeous blooms around here. So I have seen this tree in the front yard of a house with these blooms for over a week now. Finally, we stopped and I took pictures. Its so beautiful! I would love to have this tree planted in the yard of my forever home. In the coming weeks the blooms will all be gone and it will be covered in green leaves. Right now though, it just stunning.



Yesterday, Travi had another baseball game. He did so well. His first at bat he had a hit out to left field that got him on base. I was so excited and screaming. Yes, I am that mom! Trav had duty and missed the game but he would have been cheering too. He also made a nice play on an infield grounder to first. The last two innings he played catcher. He didn't like it to much as he has a huge scab covering most of his right knee and kneeling down broke open the scab but he survived.


Today was Mother's Day. I am not one who needs much on Mother's Day. So, the kids made me some homemade goodies, which to me are the best. I keep them in a safe spot once the day is over and cherish them always. The card was huge and both kids wrote a special note to me. Taylor also made me a clay pin to wear in art class. I also got a geranium to plant in my veggie garden to help keep bugs away. I love my children so much. They are the joy of my life.

~If you cant read it, Travi wrote me the sweetest entry in this card. "Mom our hero. The women of our life. Hero's look up to you. Entire world loves you. Rachelle the great"
~Taylor drew me hearts, bees and butterflies too. Can you believe she wrote all her words by herself and spelled everything perfectly.
Trav got off duty this morning and cooked me breakfast. After our food settled we proceeded to get our butts kicked doing "Insanity". We started month two today and holy crap...I feel like I got beat with a 2x4. I watched a movie with my kids in our bed and then Trav cooked me a delicious dinner. We had grilled corn on the cob as a side dish and I must say, I missed fresh corn.
All in all, the day was wonderful. We did a whole lot of nothing. As I sit here tonight though with the kids tucked into bed, I know I am lucky and I feel completely content. My life is full and just being with Trav and the kids feels like enough. For me, its not the "things" that can be bought that make today feel special. Its my babies and the man that helped me create them.
No comments:
Post a comment (0)