SLIDER

Tomatoes and Socks...

07 September 2010

What do these two things really have in common...Nothing! Nothing except for the fact that this past week we have picked tons and tons of yellow, pear tomatoes out of the garden and I also got to dig out some socks.


Let me explain that I am not a hot, humid weather loving person. I hate humidity and enjoy the warmer, summer temps for about 4-6 weeks and then I am over it. I love cool crisp mornings and evenings spent snuggled under the blankets with my kids and husband. I enjoy wearing flip flogs, in moderation. I have been counting down the days until my toes got cold enough to dig out my favorite winter socks. To me there is nothing like slipping on my favorite socks. It feels so good and I love it. I have decided that hot summer days are meant to be enjoyed either in short spurts or poolside when I am vacationing on a tropical island. Not day after day after day. I am more then ready for fall and winter to get here so that my hair will look normal again and I can stop the on going battle of swamp ass. Now that we are approaching mid-September cooler days are on the horizon and my little toes will feel the nip in the air and call upstairs to those amazing wool socks!



The tomatoes are sweet and delicious. We have been enjoying them for a couple of weeks now but have had a burst of growth so I think I will roast these little guys and try my hand at some form of pizza sauce or something.



OK, enough rambling....

No comments:

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger