His official finish time was 4:09:37 with a pace of 9:32. Overall he came in 17208 out of a total of 26331 racers and for his division was 4052.
We staged ourselves along Commonwealth Ave. about 1/4 mile before the finish line and he was able to find us and stop for some quick hugs before heading off to finish. I of course was so proud of him I was brought to tears to see the total exhaustion in his face, but he kept on.
I truly admire him for running this marathon. Most people do not know that Boston is the most difficult of the major marathons around the world to run. This being his first marathon ever, is a huge feat. Literally one year ago while we still lived in Kodiak he came down with his beat up tennis shoes on and said, "I'm going for a run". Came home after running 3 miles completely spent and said, "I need to get my butt in shape". Now, one year later he completed the most difficult marathon. It truly shows that if you just get your butt up off the couch and put your mind to something you can accomplish anything with just a little bit of sweat and hard work.

Trav at the finish line with his medal!

Where we were waiting for Trav to run past us along Commonwealth Ave.

Trav in front the Marathon Expo.

Trav after getting his official Bib # standing in front of a copy of the route the marathon takes from Hopkington, MA to Boston.
1 comment:
We got the update from Todd this last weekend and it sounds like you guys all had a great weekend! I was super impressed about the chip that they put on the runners shoes so that you can get updates through text. That is pretty cool! Glad to hear that the weather is warming up for you guys. And don't know if I told you but I love your garden with the cut up tree as your boarders. I showed Chad and all he said is "that looks like a lot of work just for a garden" I like it anyways and what a great way to reuse the tree!
Post a comment (1)