Ten years ago on my 26th birthday I cried. I didn't want to get older and aside from a wonderful husband, a gorgeous toddler and a daughter growing in my belly I didn't know who I was or what I was doing. I was at a crossroads, trying to find my way as a women while being a wife, mother, daughter and friend.
Today as I turn 36 years old there are no tears. I am full of life, happy with who I have evolved into and proud of the path I put myself on after I turned 26. This last decade has been the best of my life!!
For me, birthdays are not about gifts, facebook well wished (although I appreciate them) or drinking myself silly. Birthdays are about reflecting on another year, evaluating what I have accomplished, what I have learned, things I will do differently and spending time with good people who love me.
Today I did just that! My family sang to me and sent love my way via the phone and in cards. My husband kept things simple but with great quality and the friends I have helped me celebrate.
Thank you... You each know who you are, including the ones not pictured.





No comments:
Post a comment (0)