So things have been quiet around here lately. This past week I have been mentally preparing for Trav to come home and get back into our normal routine. I get giddy just thinking about it. On the not so far back burner are a mish mash of jumbled thoughts and things.
I feel like I have a little bit of PTSD about phone calls from my parents and Trav right now. When my grandma passed away early last week, my parents, my uncle and Trav tried calling and texting me multiple times on my cell phone while I was at work. I do not answer my cell phone at work. Rarely does my family ever call my main line at work. On that day, my dad did call the main line since I wasn't responding on my cell and I got the news that Mema was gone. Now, when I am at work and I see that my parents have tried to call me I have this immediate need to call them back and make sure everyone is okay. I told my dad yesterday when he called my phone at 8:36am while I was working, which is not the norm that I feel like I have PTSD about phone calls. If my parents call I am worried. If Trav doesn't answer his phone and I don't know where he is I am worried. I have always been a natural worry wart but damn...I have been quick to answer and respond to any calls that I am getting right now out of fear. I assume it will subside but clutching my phone at night when I'm laying in bed, trying to sleep is getting a little frustrating and inconvenient.
Trav headed to the mall the other night looking for a few items for me. Can I just say it pains me to have to send my husband to do my shopping. I will not likely see a mall for many months to come so desperate times call for desperate measures. Lucky for me he obliged my requests.
I recieved a Yankee Candle Catalog in the mail. It was one of those scratch and sniff ones. I asked him to try and find a store to buy me a few small candles. These are what he is bringing home for me.
Are you getting a sense for my current state of mind with these candles...Summer, Warm, Beach
Yes Please!
With that said I have been researching sunscreens to buy for our vacation. I don't buy your run of the mill Coppertone displayed on an end cap at the grocery store. I am picky about sunscreen. The list for the best and safest sunscreens in 2014 won't come out until the Spring but I have been reading reviews from last year and based off my own product knowledge these are the ones I will be going with on our vacation.
I love products by Kiss My Face. They are safe for kids, environmentally friendly, have no harsh, dangerous chemicals and this company does not test on animals.
The Honest Company was started by the actress Jessica Alba after she became a mother and had concerns about products and their safety for her family. This will be the first time I try one of their products but this sunscreen got great reviews from many reliable sources and fit the needs I feel we will have on our vacation.
My grandmother gave me this table cloth years ago when Trav and I visited Texas together. I am not a huge tablecloth person and I have had this specific one packed away for a few years now for safe keeping. It has great sentimental value to me and I have been leery to have it out at all while the kids are still prone to spilling stuff and eating like savage animals at the table. I brought it out this past week to brighten my spirits. It does not fit the size of my table and it is by no means my style but I love the bright cheery colors and the fact that is was hers means so much. It has a hole in it, stains on it but I honestly love that. It was used by her, at her table to feed her family. How can I not appreciate that!
I folded it up so that when my son sits down at the table and food ends off falling off his plate it doesn't end up on this partially white tablecloth. I have to be realistic here, he is not the cleanest eater on the planet.
Lastly, I know this picture might seem silly but I love it. Aside from the fact that it shows 4 months worth of winter weather build up on the outside which FYI... I won't clean the windows outside for at least another 3 months. It shows something we don't take for granted up here. The sunshine!! Its such a simple thing but when I looked this morning at these last few flowers from a bouquet I got last week I noticed the sun reflecting off the water in the vase. Its beautiful! We have had fantastic sunshine lately. Its freezing cold up here but the sun is shining and these flowers, the water and the vase just seem to glow.
Well, I'm off to get this house cleaned, pick up my kids and get ready for this day. I have a man to meet at the airport tonight at 5:51pm.








No comments:
Post a comment (0)