SLIDER

Today

04 November 2009

Today, I am thinking of a very special woman. Someone who came into my life as a very small child. I remember the day I met her years ago in Anacortes, Wa. From that day on all of my memories of her include her corky, amazing sense of humor and her smile. She was so full of life and loved to laugh. Most people who knew her would tell you that she was definitely a unique, eclectic soul. There was not one like her. Now, today for as much sadness that is caused when I think of the fact that her smile and laugh will no longer be seen or heard in life, I am relieved that I have fond, good memories of her. If she were still here today she would be loving her grandchildren, enjoying Hawaiian vacations with her husband, heckling my dad, making amazing oatmeal and pancakes and living life.

Aunt Bert, you are so greatly missed and I think of you always but especially this time of year. Your life was shortened which doesn't seem fair but I know you lived your time here full and well. That is what brings comfort to my sadness today.

No comments:

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger